Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Last updated: (March 2, 2020)
Please read the Terms and Conditions of use carefully before purchasing fuel from Miner Discount Fuel. All users of this site agree that access to and use of this site are subject to the terms and conditions and other applicable law. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please do not order a delivery of fuel. By ordering from Miner Discount Fuel LLC, you are entering into an agreement with us. Miner Discount Fuel, LLC is a licensed RI and CT heating oil dealer – RI HOD 117 and CT HOD 1167.
- If you require emergency delivery, and you pay on-line for an emergency delivery, we require that you call us directly at (401) 596-7800.
- Miner Discount Fuel office hours for the Heating Season from Nov 1st – May 1st are Monday – Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM, Saturday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. Our off-season hours are the same EXCEPT we are closed weekends. Offices are closed on all federal holidays and Sundays. We will respond to all online orders with a confirmation email by the end of the next business day. Our goal is same- or next-day delivery, but is not guaranteed.
- Miner Discount Fuel delivers during business hours Monday – Friday. Saturday and Sunday deliveries can be made with an additional $150 emergency fee.
- Guaranteed same-day delivery during business hours Mon-Fri requires a $75 fee.
- Customers that require their furnace to be primed will be charged an additional $50.00 fee.
- We are not responsible for a delay or failure to perform our obligations under these Terms if there is an event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation any of the following types of events: fuel or labor shortage, an interruption in deliveries from our suppliers, embargoes, strikes, riots, war, terrorism, accidents, disorders, acts of God, COVID-19, or acts of any type by any governmental authority. In each and every case, we have the right either to cancel or to postpone any delivery without any liability whatsoever.
- Prices subject to change daily. OIL IS A COMMODITY, THE PRICE CHANGES DAILY. If you pay online for a delivery with a CC, we do everything we can to hold a price until we deliver. If you choose the cash or e-check option, THE PRICE DOES NOT HOLD UNTIL WE ARE ABLE TO DELIVER. We make every effort to hold the price on the day a customer orders, however, it is NOT a guarantee. An additional fee is charged, per gallon, for Saturday and Sunday deliveries. If you pay in full for an order and cancel it, there is a $25 transaction fee which comes off your refund.
- Minimum order 50 gallons.
- Minimum charge $150.00 cash price.
- COD Required. Cash, DIGITAL check (we do not accept paper checks), credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express) debit card, or money order accepted.
- $50.00 returned ACH or check fee.
- Additional charge of 3 cents per gallon for credit card payments.
- You will receive a credit on your account if the gallons delivered is less than the gallons purchased. If gallons delivered doesn’t meet the price break, you will be charged an additional 5 cents/gallon. For example, if you purchase 150G and your tank only takes 125 gallons, you will be charged the 100-149G price.
- Buying additional gallons than your tank will hold DOES NOT hold the price until the next delivery. Your account will be credited for the balance of US Dollars after your delivery is made. For example; if you purchase 300G and your tank is a 275G tank, you will be charged either the 150-299G price or the 100-149G price. Oil is a commodity, subsequently the prices change daily. PURCHASING GROSS AMOUNTS OF OIL TO HOLD THE PRICE DOES NOT HOLD THE PRICE!!
- If you pay online for a delivery or if you pay cash for a delivery and your tank DOES NOT take all the gallons you paid for, your account at Miner Discount Fuel will hold a credit balance towards your next delivery of fuel. We do NOT refund money back to a CC or an ACH account unless a $25.00 transaction fee is charged back to the CC.
- Anything less than 100G will be charged at the 50 gallon price. If you order 100G and your tank doesn’t take the entire 100G, the price changes to the 50G daily price.
- DURING COVID-19, IF YOU ARE PAYING WITH CASH IT MUST BE IN A PLASTIC SEALED BAG TIED TO THE FILL PIPE. WE DO NOT MAKE CHANGE. IF THERE IS AN OVERPAYMENT, A CREDIT GOES ONTO YOUR MINER FUEL ACCOUNT.
- BECAUSE OF COVID-19, DO NOT CONTACT THE DRIVERS. DO NOT ASK THEM TO COME INTO YOUR HOME. WE ARE PRACTICING SOCIAL DISTANCING.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Miner Discount Fuel.
Miner Discount Fuel has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Miner Discount Fuel shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at 401-596-7800